Transferring WhatsApp Chats Without Backup
WhatsApp, the popular messaging app, now allows you to transfer your chats without the need for a backup. This step-by-step guide will show you how to transfer WhatsApp chats between devices running on the same operating system, ensuring a seamless transition.
- This method works for transferring chats between Android to Android and iOS to iOS devices.
- Granting WhatsApp access to Wi-Fi and location services is necessary for the process.
Opening WhatsApp QR Code Scanner on Your Old Phone To begin the transfer process, use the QR code scanner feature in WhatsApp. Here’s how to do it:
- Open WhatsApp and tap the three-dot button at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Transfer Chats.
- Tap the Start button on the welcome screen.
- Grant Nearby Wi-Fi and Location permissions.
Transferring WhatsApp Chats to Your New Phone Once you reach the QR code scanner screen on your old phone, follow these steps to transfer WhatsApp chats to your new device:
- Download WhatsApp on your new phone and register with the same phone number.
- Verify your phone number using the code received on your old phone.
- On the “Transfer chat history from old phone” screen, tap Continue.
- Grant Wi-Fi and Location access to WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Scan the QR code generated by WhatsApp using your old phone.
- Accept the invitation to connect the old phone to the new one.
- Wait for the WhatsApp data transfer to complete.
- Tap Next to start using WhatsApp on your new phone.
By following these steps, you can easily transfer your WhatsApp chats without relying on a backup. However, it’s always recommended to regularly back up your chats to ensure data safety in case of phone loss or theft. Enjoy a hassle-free transition to your new device while keeping your precious conversations intact.
Also, check out New Active Popular WhatsApp Group Links